Views : 49
last visit : 29-11-2021
Research Environment Links: Call for proposals is open till 8 October 2021
British council has launched the call for proposals under the Research Environment Links Grant.
As part of the British Council’s Going Global partnerships programme, Research Environment Links grants provide financial support for capacity-strengthening and collaboration activities to develop and sustain medium to long term relationships proposed by applicant institutions in Egypt and the UK.
All collaborations funded will establish new research environment links - or significantly develop existing links - between research groups, departments, or institutions with the potential for longer-term sustainability.
The key aim of each collaboration will be to support capacity strengthening in the partner institution in either Egypt, Malaysia, Morocco, Thailand or Turkey as well as to stimulate longer-term interactions between the partner country and the UK.
The British Council Research Environment Links (REL) programme aims to:
· Support dialogue and knowledge exchange on academic standards, research governance and strategic research policy development.
· Help promote an academic and research environment between partner countries and the UK, conducive to achieving maximum impact from high-quality research.
· Build opportunities for the universities and institutions in the UK and partner countries to engage with the wider community and with policymakers.
· Enable researchers to be more responsive to development needs in their countries and enable up-to-date research evidence to support policy decisions.
· Support skills development to communicate and translate research into benefits for social welfare and economic growth.
· Amplify researchers’ ability to conduct excellent research in areas most relevant to national priorities and fully realise its impact.
About this funding call
· Deadline : 8 October 2021, 16.00 UK time
· Size of grant: Up to £50,000
· Duration of the grant: Up to 12 months
· ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information)
- Each proposal must have one Lead Applicant from the partner country and one Lead Applicant from the UK submitting one joint application.
- All Principal Applicants must be Leading Researchers or Established Researchers as defined by the European Commission - please refer to this European Framework for Research Careers document on the Euraxess website.
How to apply
- Download and read fully the guidelines document from the downloads section.
- Complete the Research Environment Links online application form .
- There is a template of the Application form available for your review before applying online
If you experience issues downloading the documentation, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-REL@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy.
For any questions or enquires about the call for proposal please email; firstname.lastname@example.org